Thursday, October 25, 2007

Were back!!! And yes...a little too early!

So do I have a story for you!! Well as you know, we were going on a cruise to Mexico that was leaving out of LA! We left on Saturday and our plan was that we were going to stay in Mesquite that night and then get up and finish the rest of the way to LA. (Yes we drove and no we shouldn't have!) So, everything was going smoothly until we hit outside of Vegas. There was HORRIBLE traffic starting from Vegas going all the way and throughout California. Well we left Mesquite at seven a.m. and our boat didn't start boarding until 2 p.m. so you would think we would have plenty of time to get there right? WRONG!!! Because of the fires in California, traffic was stop and go the whole way and then dead stopped in Cali for an hour(they were closing off a bunch off highways and freeways)! So we started calling the cruise port to tell them we were coming and after being past around six different people we were told that we would be fine. Our boat was leaving at 5 p.m. and we pulled up to the gate at 4:21pm! The man at the gate would not let us in and he called his supervisor to talk to us. That man told Nate that if we had been there at 4:20 (one min earlier) we could have got in but that it was too late. We told him about the freeways and fires and he could have cared less! Nate was begging him to let us through and he was the biggest jerk! It was sooooo frustrating to be standing there looking at our boat, not leaving the dock, and to not be able to do anything. So yeah, we hate Royal Caribbean and tell anybody you know to avoid cruising with them!
So, what to do with our trip! Well, we decided to take Dax to Disneyland!!! What started out as a horrible trip turned out to be pretty great. It was so fun to see him there and watch his face. He loved it and could have stayed there forever. We lucked out with the timing because there were no crowds. We walked on every ride and Dax got to see a lot of the characters. I don't know if any of you have been there for Halloween but it is amazing. They have the parks all decorated and the characters are in their costumes, it's so cute! So, we are back early (we weren't going to be back until Sunday) but we had a lot of fun! Here are some of the pics we took.

Nate and Dax caught up with the Incredibles while we were on a ride! Dax can't take his eyes of the muscles!

Waiting to get into the Bugs Life 3D movie. Dax was freaked out by the grasshopper!

Goof ball!! Always trying to make people laugh. Hmmmm, I wonder where he gets that from?

The moment we all were waiting for! Daxton LOVES mickey and this was so neat. They took him into a room by himself to meet Mickey and Dax thought that was the coolest thing ever!

After meeting Mickey we got him the stuffed animal and his first set of ears with his name on the back!

Daxton with his Gamma and Papa Hawker! (We had just got off splash mountain.)

Nate gets sick on most rides so I am the parent that takes the kids on the rides. Notice the thumbs up!

This was our last day at Disneyland and he finally gave into sleep. Three days there and he only fell asleep once.

Daxtons first experience with cotton candy and as you can imagine it was a success!

Toon town!

Me and my dad on the California adventure roller coaster. My dad loves rides just like I do so he was my ride partner most of the trip. He made sure we were in the front every time.

Lookin a little ornery - Dax with his other favorite, Lightning McQueen!

Pooh Bear! If you're wondering about my hair, we had just gotten off Splash Mountain and yes I got wet!

Cute little ride in Bugs Land!

For some reason, this was the only picture we got with everybody and I know my eyes are closed but whatever!!

Even though our plans didn't work out, we had so much fun. What was weird was after the cruise fell through, people started telling us what a bad feeling they had about us going (Nate, my sister, Nate's mom) and my dad had a dream a few nights before we left that Dax fell off the boat and he had to jump in after him! So maybe we were being blessed by not going on the cruise and I'm glad we didn't have to find out the hard way. It was so much fun having my parents with us (Love you guys!) and Dax absolutely loved it.

10 comments:

Donnie and Kristi said...

Dude! Jill is in California on vacation this week...you should totally check with me before planning anything in your life! :) She's staying in a beach house and all that, you guys could have had a blast. Anyways, I'm glad it all turned out ok. The pictures look great...I'm jealous. I'm such a lame mom...my kids have never even been to California!

The Blackburn Family said...

Hey Aubrie! Its Kami. It was so good to hear from you! Your little boy is so so handsome! That really sucks about your cruise but it looks like you had a blast at Disneyland. You look so good and so happy! Keep in touch. I would love to talk to you more. I miss you.

Donnie and Kristi said...

Well, Jill doesn't even have a computer, so I don't see her starting a blog anytime soon.

Janae said...

That stinks about your cruise. Disneyland rules! We have been the last two years for Thanksgiving. I kind of think Jon and I like it more than the kids. It's so fun to see the kids so excited. Last year Josie saw Ariel and said, "Ariel, it's me Josie Peterson!" It was so cute. She totally thinks the characters know her. In November all of the Christmas stuff is out and it totally gets you in the mood for Christmas. I'm totally smiling thinking about it. Well, I'm glad you had fun even though you missed your cruise. Jon's Mom is a travel agent and she doesn't like Royal Carribean much either. Love ya!

Baird Family said...

Hey Aubs. That stinks that you missed your cruise...what buttheads! I'll avoid Royal Carribean. I agree with you though...it must have happened for a reason. I'm glad it all turned out to be a fun trip and that you got home ok.

Keely Kellett said...

That stinks about your cruise! We are going to Disneyland next year. I showed Braden your guys' pictures and he is so excited! Hopefully we will see you at the trunk or treat tonight!

Alyssa said...

Aubrie,
I'm so glad you found my blog too. Daxton is adorable. I think him and trey are only a couple days apart. We really need to get together. That sucks about your cruise but glad you had fun in Disneyland.

Chelsea said...

Hi Aubrie...fun Disneyland pictures! Your little boy is so cute! So the question is...will they refund you your cruise money???

Anonymous said...

Aubs I love the pictures! We did have a blast, didn't we! Yesterday I heard that Rascal Flatts song on the radio (the one that's on the Cars movie) and I just kept thinking about Dax singing "I wanna drive it.......ow nite lowng" He's a cutie! What a great trip, huh? mom

k8shoe said...

Yes, do you get your money back? That's the pits that they were so lame but how fun for Dax! Disneyland rules!