Now, there is one thing that I do not like about this time of year - sickness! Before kids, it was a bummer but you dealt with it and waited for it to pass. But now, when the kids get sick, your life is put on hold for a few days if not a week. When Nate got back from New York he brought home a fun cold to our house. So of course the first person to pick it up was Talan, great!! He had a cough for a couple days but nothin too bad. Then on Saturday his breathing started to get weird and raspy. I called my pediatrician and told him I was worried about RSV and he said that he was probably just congested and that he hadn't seen any RSV yet. Then Sunday, the breathing got worse and we called Nate's dad to have him listen to it over the phone. He agreed that it was not normal and said we should take him to the hospital. After waiting hours in the ER and getting chest x rays, the ER doctor told us that it was probably asthma. The next morning I called the pediatrician again and he said to bring him in and have him checked. We waited all day for the appt and at six last night he was finally checked. So what does he have...........RSV! Are ya freakin kidding me? So now we are having to give him breathing treatments every four hours with a nebulizer at home. The doctor said that it should start getting better but if his breathing gets any worse he is going to have to be admitted into the hospital.

Our poor little guy, it is the saddest thing to watch him breathe. It sounds and looks awful! I hate watching my children suffer and not be able to do anything.
On a lighter note, I had to post this picture. We hung up our Christmas lights a few weeks ago and this moment was too white trash to miss!

He had to put the latter on the tailgate of his truck to reach the highest point. It was hilarious!
I hope you all have a good Thanksgiving and to all you Black Friday shoppers, go get em!!








15 comments:
My heart is breaking for talan that is so awful. That picture is so sad. Strangely enough though he doesnt look as so sad. He is one happy baby!! Good luck with the RSV. Keep me posted!! I will be thinking of you on black friday. My favorite day of the year!!lol
oh bummer! Trey had rsv when he was about Talon's age. He cleared up pretty quick. What helped us is we bundled up really tight and slept with all the windows open. sounds stupid but if you read anywhere they say the cold air helps. Trey was better the next day. Good luck. Poor guy.
Poor little guy, that is so sad. I hope that he gets feeling better. I am so glad that I am not the only one that starts christmas music in October. My favorite time of year too.
Ohh Aubs! I am so sorry about the RSV. There is seriously not much worse than having to watch your little ones be so sick. I hope it passes quickly. What a sweet little guy. My kids would have that thing ripped off their faces in a second. Hopefully everyone will be healthy so we can hang out soon. Happy Thanksgiving!
i could not love you both more. nate is lucky the ladder didn't slip and he didn't die while doing that. don't worry, trav got ours up and we realized they were totally white trash so we're taking them back. but there's still a strand up on our roof and we are leaving tomorrow. ha ha. take that stuffy neighbors who want the neighborhood to be classy.
poor talan. i would offer to take dax but we'll be gone until sunday. and travis has the dang stomach flu. yuck. i hope he gets feeling better - i don't want him to have to go to the hospital. love you.
how sad!!!! I can't believe that YUCKY is going around already...I hope he clears up fast.
I laughed out loud at the ladder pic----thats so FUNNY and so CUTE!!
I loooooooooove christmas too!
Poor guys. RSV is scary stuff! I hope he feels better soon...Hang in there.
Love the pic of Nate. That is freaking hilarious.
Poor Talan. I can't believe how willing he is to wear that mask. I hope he feels better soon.
Everyone needs to have a white trash moment while hanging Christmas lights, I'm just glad Nate didn't break his neck!
Have a good Thanksgiving!
That picture of Talan is so sad. I hope he is doing better. We have been sick the whole month of November. Jensen has had three colds and I am so worried that it is going to turn into RSV. Love the picture of Nate. You have to get those lights up somehow, right?
NATE!GET DOWN!I hate that picture-total hazard!! Tell him to take some money and go buy a BIG boy ladder! And my poor baby Talan...Oh I love him! Give him kisses for us-I tried to call you. See you tonight!
Sad for Talan. I hope he gets better quick! I can't believe Nate and the ladder. That is scary! We stopped at Casey and Angie's last night and I was hoping you guys would be there too. Next time!
Hey Sumko's- So sad to hear about your little one. It is so hard when your kids are sick. He is so cute though. I'm glad I found your blog. I sent our new blog address to Nate so we will have to stay in touch. Hope Talan gets better soon and that you have a wonderful holiday season. Miss you guys.
Caleb had RSV when he was two months old and right during Christmas. It was awful. Good luck with that. Hopefully it passes soon. I went and saw twilight by myself while Jon took the kids to Madacascar. I heart Edward. I was expecting the music to be better. I hope the next one gets a little more money. Jon and I totally rocked on Black Friday. Jon is becoming such a great black Friday shopper I can't believe it! We got everything on our list in less than two hours and we went to three stores. Yeah!
Poor Talan! I hope he is feeling better! He looks dang cute with that little mask on though!
P.S. I'm waiting to hear about your BLACK FRIDAY Deals, cause I know how crazy you are!
Where are you and why is this blog not updated?????
Post a Comment