Part of Nate's Christmas were two tickets to a Spurs game......in San Antonio! He LOVES the Spurs and since it has been FOREVER since we have had an over nighter I decided to surprise him with a weekend getaway to his old hometown. He lived in San Antonio until he was eleven so I knew he would like that. We left last Friday morning (early) and got home late Sunday night. The best part.....we didn't take the boys! Don't get me wrong, I love my boys more than life its self but we needed to get away just the two of us, probably me more than him! We seriously had the best time. I love my husband! I am not kidding you, I had forgotten what it was like to be alone with him and it didn't take long to remember. It was like when we were first married, no responsibility! We did all the things that are not easy to do with kids and the weekend went by way too fast! We went to the Spurs game of course, we went and saw the Alamo, went on the river walk, went to three movies (yes, three). We went and saw Nate's old stomping grounds, went out to eat (A LOT unfortunately), went shopping, and got lost many a times! We decided that we really need to do this every six months or so. Nate's job is crazy and demanding so we really don't get to spend a lot of time with him, especially alone time so this was very much needed. I definitely recommend everyone getting away with just your hubby, even if it is just the weekend, that's all ya need! Here are some pics!
At the Spurs game! That's right, we wore the fan attire!




The championship trophies!

The Alamo

More of the Alamo!

The Riverwalk!

Nate's old house at Fort Sam San Antonio (army base). Cool story....this house is in the process of being completely renovated (that's why it looks so scary - that and because it's haunted) so nobody is living in it. The construction workers let us walk through and get some pics which was so cool. I have heard so many stories about this house and it was so neat to see where they all took place. This house was built in 1911 or something like that. What's sad is that they are tearing down all the old history in it and putting up new.


Nate's bedroom!

Hands down, funnest weekend ever! Thank you to our Moms for watching the boys, you have no idea how much that meant to us.
As a side note, a lot of you have asked where we stayed when we went to Vegas. The hotel is called Grandview at Las Vegas! It is expensive if you book far in advance but if you book the week of, it is really cheap ($73 a night). It's off the strip but who cares if you have a car right?
18 comments:
Aubs, you are the cutest thing ever. I love that you did that for him, I know you needed it... Freak, I need it!! Marcus and I do it at least once a year...and I look forward to Christmas time for just that reason! It is wonderful! So, what movies did you see???
Are you sure that house is Nates old house? It sure looks like a polygamist home...Nathan is there something you need to tell us?
cb
I have to admit I am a little jealous. I too have forgotten what it is like to be alone with my hubby! Like I said you are always doing the funnest things! I did go to Texas to see Krusti like three years ago. Does that count? HAHA
It sounds like you guys had fun. What a nice gift, all Dave got was a pair of slippers and a sweater-maybe because I was a little bitter about moving across the country :0)
cute post aubrey!!!! I think its so cute that you two had such a good time---together alone.:)
Mike is totally jealous BTW about the spurs game..lol
How fun....and I had too much fun with your boys. I even got up in the night with Talan. Can I have him? I think that is awesome you took Nate back there. It is good to get away. Glad you had fun!
Oh Aubrie, I know what you mean. You have to get away from "everything" every once in a while. Trev and I are looking for any excuse...birthday's, Valentines, Anniversary's...anything! It looks like you guys had a blast! Makes me want to plan something right now!!
.....by the way-you look super skinny and hot in picture #4. Butthole! Stop looking like that as I round into the 8th month of pregnancy. ;P Tell Nate he looks pretty cute too...
I'm so jealous! Don't you LOVE Texas? I can't wait to move back. 6 years wasn't nearly enough. Next time you go maybe we'll be back there...it's only a 2.5 hour drive from our house...so you better call me!
Good for you guys! Rocky and I were just saying we needed a weekend away. Hopefully soon. :) I'm glad you guys had a good time. Cute pics!
I couldnt agree with you more, about getting away just the two of ya. And I am super jealous, it looks like you had a blast. And you always look do dang cute!
How fun! Having a new baby can sure cut down on your alone time. Hopefully you'll do it more often, I know I need to!
How fun! I keep trying to convince Cam that we need a little get away! And how crazy is Nate's old house?!? I never knew he lived in a house that old! It's way cool though. We need to get together again sometime :O)
How fun! Danny and I still want to kick ourselves for not going to San Antonio on our move from Texas back to Utah. It looks like you guys had so much fun!
How fun. I would love to do that with Joe. Stupid school is always getting in our way. I am glad you had a fun time. How fun for you to see where Nate grew up. I am so jealous.
Fun times without the kids. I love getting away for a few days. You look smokin hot!
Looks like you're a little behind on the blogging. :) That really does look like a fun trip you guys took!! I forgot to get your email last night....so email me at sidavon@comcast.net and I'll send you an invite. You really do look super great and you ALWAYS have!
Brie...you REALLY need to post again. Where have you been??
Post a Comment