Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Daxton is 3!

So, Talan was born on the 19th and then Daxtons birthday was on the 23rd! Poor guy, what was I thinking when we got pregnant? At least they don't have to share birthdays right? I tried to get everything done before we went to the hospital but it still was a crazy day and Dax probably felt like his thunder was being stolen. I can't believe our little man is three! It seems like yesterday that I was doing the newborn thing with him - I hate how fast this is going. Daxton is such a joy in our lives and here are some fun little facts about him:

- He LOVES motorcycles!
- His favorite thing to do right now is play with other kids. Of course that's every kids but I mean it, every second of every day - he never gets sick of it.
- At least five times a day he will say, "I love you mommy!" for no reason.
- His favorite thing to say to Nate is, "You're my best pal ever dad!" He got that from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse!
- His favorite movie right now is the Chipmunk Movie is Grandma and Papa gave him for his bday!
- He is pretty athletic which makes his dad ecstatic! He loves every sport but right now his favorite is baseball, which he really his good at.
- He LOVES his cousins! If he could play with his cousins every day, it still would not be enough.
- His favorite food is anything unhealthy! Not really but he loves his sweets. He actually loves broccoli (tree tops) and corn so I can't complain!
- He adores his dad and wants to do whatever Nate is doing. He has to go where ever Nate is going.
- He is going to be our accident prone child (see next post). He has no fear of tricks or falling and this summer has already been a doozy!
- He is freakin hilarious and has been since the day he was born! He loves to entertain the crowd! Hmmmm, wonder where he got that from?
- He has a sweet heart! (even though he is going through a nasty stage) He gets so worried when someone is crying and tries everything to make them feel better.

I could go on forever but that might be boring! Anyway, I hope he had a good birthday and if not, I will make up for it next year. Nates bday was on the 14th (June is craziness for us) so we did a lot of fun stuff that Daxton loves to do to make up for it in advance.
Nate's Birthday

He LOVES to go bowling!

And he loves to Minature Golf!



Birthday party at my Mom & Dads house the night before.





We set up a scavenger hunt around the house for him to find his presents. He loved it, when it was over he said "I wanna do that again!"





The grand finale!!



Swimming at Grandma & Grandpa Sumkos and a birthday party with his cousins!



Bad mother - store bought cake!



And a spin around the yard on his hipity hop to top it all off!


Happy Birthday Bubby!! We love you!

4 comments:

Lish Fish said...

Happy Birthday Dax and Nate! He is too cute. I love that age. And you are so not a bad mom for the store bought cake...I think you had a little much going on!

Nicole said...

We love you Dax! Never lose that spunk-I know it drives your Mom crazy(and I love that!) but it is what makes you so perfect! We think your the coolest kid around. Love you!

Katie Price said...

Aubs I don't know what you are worried about. I think you are the most amazing mom ever. You do things for your kids that I would never even think about. A scavenger hunt for his present? So so fun. I think you're incredibly and I love you.

Heather said...

We love Dax! He is so cute and funny! Anytime you need a break from having 2 kids call me and I'll come steal Dax (you probably have tons of people that want to steal him away though :O) He's such a sweetie! Happy birthday Daxton!

P.S. Good idea on the scavenger hunt, I might have to steal that idea!